- Timetables, posters and panels
- Sustainable Travel Solutions
- Travel Plans
- Interactive mapping
- Route Mapper
helping you create your publications.
- Brighton & Hove Buses
- Brunel University
- Buckinghamshire County Council
- DB Regio
- Dorset County Council
- Durham County Council
- First Hampshire & Dorset
- Flintshire County Council
- Hertfordshire Area Bus Guides
- Hounslow Public Transport Guide
- Leeds Metropolitan University
- National Transport Authority of Ireland
- Park Inn Heathrow
- Peterborough City Council
- Shropshire County Council
- Sustainable travel mapping
- Swindon Borough Council
Producing bespoke onward travel information for the 60 stations served by Metro was a challenge, however working with the dedicated teams from Pindar Creative and Nexus helped us provide our customers with high quality accurate onward travel information.
DB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd
DB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd
This information looks great. It's clear, attractive and user friendly. Pindar used our own online information as the basis for the destination lists, which saved us lots of time and effort – we just needed to proof everything.
We are delighted that DB Regio chose Pindar Creative to fulfil the specialist requirements of this project. The outputs required fit in perfectly with our core services. Our goal was to deliver an accurate, informative and a highly utilised resource to the travelling public within Tyne & Wear.
DB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd Metro Onward Travel & Vicinity Posters
backgroundDB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd operates the Tyne & Wear Ltd Metro (an over and underground light rail system) under a 7-9 year concession on behalf of Nexus (Tyne & Wear's Passenger Transport Executive).
The Metro provides a local passenger transport service to destinations throughout Tyne & Wear including Newcastle Airport, Newcastle Central Station, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead and Sunderland. The scale of the operation is illustrated by the following key statistics:
- 78.4 route kilometres
- 155,626 passenger journeys per week
- A fleet of 90 Metrocars
- 60 stations
the challengeTo design and create onward travel and vicinity posters for each Metro Station to reflect best practice, and give commuters valuable information to help them continue their journey seamlessly
Pindar Creative produces mapping and travel information products for many clients in the North East of England including Durham County Council, Darlington Council, Nexus, Stagecoach and Go North East. We welcomed the opportunity to work with DB Regio Tyne & Wear to map out the entire Tyne & Wear region for their onward travel and vicinity poster project commencing early 2014. We were commissioned by DB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd to undertake the following:
- To create an accurate, detailed and competitively priced Tyne & Wear area wide mapping base, to be shown to street level also allowing multi-purpose use for future publicity products. Our solution needed to be much more than being a simple reproduction of some widely used internet based products, which are often unclear and aesthetically not very pleasing.
- To produce clear to understand and easily updated onward travel posters for 60 Metro stations in the area, providing bus and walking information in the immediate locality of each station.
- To provide accurate conversion of content into multiple poster sizes and formats, remaining true to the Metro corporate style.
- To produce printed material for display on a high quality substrate allowing excellent wear and tear capability.
the solutionCreative design and print – ‘Metro' station Onward Travel and Local Area Information Posters Pindar Creative commenced the project with the core element being a cartographic base of Tyne & Wear accurately produced through a GIS process. The principle requirement of the bespoke mapping would be to allow multiple public transport product usage by both Nexus and the operator DB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd.
Having produced the cartography we focussed on the requirement by DB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd for a series of local area onward travel information posters specific to each Metro station in the region. To allow this, an extract from the prepared base mapping centred on each station is taken. The extract is then enhanced to identify bus service and bus stop information in the immediate area, including an indicator of walking distance to those stops from the Metro station. The highly detailed service and local data to be included for each station has been gathered through an editorial process by Pindar Creative's specialist team.
Once assembled, all relevant information is collated and styled into an attractive agreed poster format (allowing for different frame size variations) specific to our client's branding requirements. This content includes tabular information on destinations served from each stop, zone information and other advertising content promoting the Metro brand. Throughout this process comprehensive design and proofing checks have been carried out in consultation with DB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd and Nexus.
On approval of artwork Pindar Creative arranged printing of a series of bespoke full colour and weather resistant posters.