Luton Borough Council Interactive Mapping Project
Friday, 26 April 2013
Luton Borough Council is pleased to announce the release of a new interactive sustainable transport mapping solution for the Luton area. This has been delivered as part of their ongoing 'Travel Luton' project.
The web based Interactive Public Transport Map, developed by Pindar Creative was judged the best value option by the Council in allowing a cartographic base produced for their printed products to be adapted to support a comprehensive online solution.
Based on a mapping framework developed by Pindar Creative over the last 17 years, the website allows users access to drill into the mapping base to interact with pop up icons.
The site, based on Pindar Creative's 'TravelMaster' product is built upon a responsive design to ensure the solution works across desktops, tablets and mobile devices. Other key features include:
- Pan-able mapping & map scale.
- Multiple map layers showing different scales of mapping.
- Clickable Hotspots (linking to timetables, regional journey planners, external websites).
- Search functionality (locations and places, timetables and postcodes).
- Quick Link to locations, points of interest and timetables.
- Overview navigation.
Mark Walmsley, Pindar Creative's transport consultant commented:
Vivien Haestier, Luton Borough Sustainable Travel Officer commented:
The site is available via at luton.pindarcreative.co.uk